The polls are open and voting is in full swing, so time is running out for you to cast your vote for your favorite ‘best vegetarian/vegan restaurant’, best breakfast/brunch’, ‘best cupcakes’, and ‘best dessert’. Hurry, voting ends June 30th!
- Minimum 2 years restaurant or food service experience.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) of the work location. Bilingual Spanish/English a plus
- Experience in various phases of dining room operation, as well as food preparation.
- Must possess a general knowledge of food and beverage procedures and administration.
- Highly developed communication skills
- Knowledge and familiarity with maintaining labor and sales percentage goals
- Works with staff to ensure exceptional customer service:
- Responds to customer feedback including input from customers on premises, feedback through comment cards, and online.
- Responds to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests
- Builds and maintains a strong team environment for the entire restaurant
- Works with wait staff to ensure quality food and beverage presentation
- Trains and develops FOH team to maximize sales and guest experience.
- Financial Responsibilities
- Count daily employee drops, create daily deposit reports and complete bank deposits.
- Ensures that daily, weekly and monthly labor vs. sales percentages are on target via Daily Sales sheets and Weekly Sales & Labor Reports
- Categorize and sort invoices for mailing to bookkeeper.
- Monitors and controls overtime
- Operational Responsibilities
- Works in conjunction with General Manager to provide full coverage and leadership support of restaurant Saturn Café Inc.
- Coordinates Community Night fundraisers for local non-profits and community groups.
- Has full knowledge of all positions in the restaurant, fulfills all responsibilities of any position in the FOH or BOH as needed to ensure proper breaks, coverage in emergencies.
- Takes inventories and places orders for GM as needed.
- Work with General Manager to guarantee exceptional quality and presentation of the food – Thorough knowledge of menu, ingredients and recipes a must.
- Maintains high standard of cleanliness and sanitation in both the FOH and BOH
- Makes full use of tools and software including but not limited to: Online Calendars, Task Management Applications, Microsoft Word & Excel
Must be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for extended periods of time. Must have good sense of balance, be able to bend and kneel and have the ability to lift bus pans and trays frequently up to 40 pounds. Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to customer and other employees.
Apply Online Here:
Come serve traditional comfort food with a healthy twist in a unique and vibrant atmosphere!
The Saturn Cafe in Berkeley is looking for an experienced individual to fill our Keyholder position.
As a Keyholder you will serve tables, handle all register duties, and supervise staff weeknights from 6p until Midnight.
- Must have 1-2 years of recent restaurant serving experience.
- Must have the ability to communicate in English. Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Must have the ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
$9.00 an hour + Tips
Apply Online here: http://saturncafe.com/jobs/application.php?position=SL&location=Berkeley
Join us on Saturday April 28th at the Space Lounge at the Saturn Cafe for a party and fundraiser for the The United People of Color Caucus (TUPOCC) of the National Lawyers Guild (NLG). The event will feature musicians, performers, and artists on the theme of May Day, decolonization, racial justice, immigrants’ rights, and worker justice. Check out the flyer for more details, doors open at 7:00p
Stop by Saturn Cafe to pick up your tickets for Berkeley Vegan Earth Day - an all-day extravaganza that will include films, workshops, panel discussions and an exciting array of speakers. Area businesses will be on-site with products to sample and buy, while non-profit groups will be there with a wealth of information about their eco/vegan organizations. More information at http://www.berkeleyveganearthday.com/.
What: Speed Dating, a round-robin style dating system to meet a large number of new people. This is the second event in a series of speed dating opportunities where you can meet a new vegetarian friend or find your vegan soul mate.
When: Tuesday February 14h, 2012 at 7pm – Special Valentine’s Day Edition
Tickets: $30 (limited to 30 people)
Why: Multiple dates in one night help increase the chances of successful matchmaking. Plus, we’ve already narrowed down your potential matches to the veg-friendly!
Click here for more information.
The Saturn Cafe is seeking experienced individuals with full availability to work as Bussers/Hosts at our Berkeley location. Exellent customer service skills, ability to thrive in a fast paced and high energy environment as well as the ability to multi-task are all a must. Apply online at saturncafe.com/jobs
There’s this place in Berkeley called the Saturn Cafe, and it’s all vegetarian. I like to eat breakfast there a lot. I’ll get an egg white omelette with avocado, potatoes, and a side order of fake bacon. The Fakin’ Bacon is an acquired taste, but it is slamming. I also like to get the taquito plate with things like soy meat.”
The Space Lounge at the Saturn Cafe Berkeley is proud to host the book release, reading, and signing of The Ballad of Young Tam Lin with author Patricia A. Leslie Thursday, November 10, 6:30-9 p.m.
Come enjoy a reading, listen to live Scottish music and get your copy of the book all while enjoying the delicious comfort food Saturn Cafe is famous for.
The Ballad of Young Tam Lin is 561 pages of wit, romance, and lighthearted family drama. Strongly inspired by the original old Scottish ballad, set in 1790, and written in the spirit of Jane Austen as a historical comedy of manners, the story is blended with paranormal elements derived from real mythology, Celtic folklore, and contemporary metaphysical wisdom, with a dash of Shakespeare’s ‘Midsummer’ blended in.