- Minimum 2 years restaurant or food service experience.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) of the work location. Bilingual Spanish/English a plus
- Experience in various phases of dining room operation, as well as food preparation.
- Must possess a general knowledge of food and beverage procedures and administration.
- Highly developed communication skills
- Knowledge and familiarity with maintaining labor and sales percentage goals
- Works with staff to ensure exceptional customer service:
- Responds to customer feedback including input from customers on premises, feedback through comment cards, and online.
- Responds to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests
- Builds and maintains a strong team environment for the entire restaurant
- Works with wait staff to ensure quality food and beverage presentation
- Trains and develops FOH team to maximize sales and guest experience.
- Financial Responsibilities
- Count daily employee drops, create daily deposit reports and complete bank deposits.
- Ensures that daily, weekly and monthly labor vs. sales percentages are on target via Daily Sales sheets and Weekly Sales & Labor Reports
- Categorize and sort invoices for mailing to bookkeeper.
- Monitors and controls overtime
- Operational Responsibilities
- Works in conjunction with General Manager to provide full coverage and leadership support of restaurant Saturn Café Inc.
- Coordinates Community Night fundraisers for local non-profits and community groups.
- Has full knowledge of all positions in the restaurant, fulfills all responsibilities of any position in the FOH or BOH as needed to ensure proper breaks, coverage in emergencies.
- Takes inventories and places orders for GM as needed.
- Work with General Manager to guarantee exceptional quality and presentation of the food – Thorough knowledge of menu, ingredients and recipes a must.
- Maintains high standard of cleanliness and sanitation in both the FOH and BOH
- Makes full use of tools and software including but not limited to: Online Calendars, Task Management Applications, Microsoft Word & Excel
Must be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for extended periods of time. Must have good sense of balance, be able to bend and kneel and have the ability to lift bus pans and trays frequently up to 40 pounds. Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to customer and other employees.
Apply Online Here: