Archive for the ‘Santa Cruz’ Category
Saturday, June 23rd, 2012
The Saturn Cafe in Santa Cruz is seeking experienced candidates for our Assistant Manager position in Santa Cruz. Qualified candidates will possess the following knowledge/experience:
- Minimum 2 years restaurant or food service experience.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) of the work location. Bilingual Spanish/English a plus
- Experience in various phases of dining room operation, as well as food preparation.
- Must possess a general knowledge of food and beverage procedures and administration.
- Highly developed communication skills
- Knowledge and familiarity with maintaining labor and sales percentage goals
- Works with staff to ensure exceptional customer service:
- Responds to customer feedback including input from customers on premises, feedback through comment cards, and online.
- Responds to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests
- Builds and maintains a strong team environment for the entire restaurant
- Works with wait staff to ensure quality food and beverage presentation
- Trains and develops FOH team to maximize sales and guest experience.
- Financial Responsibilities
- Count daily employee drops, create daily deposit reports and complete bank deposits.
- Ensures that daily, weekly and monthly labor vs. sales percentages are on target via Daily Sales sheets and Weekly Sales & Labor Reports
- Categorize and sort invoices for mailing to bookkeeper.
- Monitors and controls overtime
- Operational Responsibilities
- Works in conjunction with General Manager to provide full coverage and leadership support of restaurant Saturn Café Inc.
- Coordinates Community Night fundraisers for local non-profits and community groups.
- Has full knowledge of all positions in the restaurant, fulfills all responsibilities of any position in the FOH or BOH as needed to ensure proper breaks, coverage in emergencies.
- Takes inventories and places orders for GM as needed.
- Work with General Manager to guarantee exceptional quality and presentation of the food – Thorough knowledge of menu, ingredients and recipes a must.
- Maintains high standard of cleanliness and sanitation in both the FOH and BOH
- Makes full use of tools and software including but not limited to: Online Calendars, Task Management Applications, Microsoft Word & Excel
Must be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for extended periods of time. Must have good sense of balance, be able to bend and kneel and have the ability to lift bus pans and trays frequently up to 40 pounds. Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to customer and other employees.
Apply Online Here:
Tuesday, October 18th, 2011
We are thrilled to announce that Saturn will be dishing out our house-made vegan chilli at this year’s Beach Boardwalk Chili Cook-off in Santa Cruz.
Bring your appetite and join the fun as both professional and amateur chefs work their culinary magic and compete for the title of Best Chili!
The Cook-Off takes place at 1pm on Saturday, October 22, 2011.
Admission is free! Visitors may purchase tasting kits to sample the chili. Tasting Kit: $8 (Kit includes 5 taste tickets, spoon, cup, and People’s Choice voting ballot.) A portion of the proceeds benefit the Santa Cruz Teen Center.
Click here for more details.
Friday, October 14th, 2011
Wednesday October 19th 2011 the Saturn Cafe Santa Cruz is holding a Community Night fundraiser to help raise needed funds for queer youth programs in Santa Cruz County. Bring in this flier and 10% of the profits from your meal will go to support these three great organizations:
Queer Youth Task Force, which produces the annual Queer Youth Leadership Awards, and works with local organizations with their Safe Schools Project and Transgender Teen Project.
STRANGE, which runs a weekly youth support group at Inner Light Ministries and a bi-monthly activist youth group at the Diversity Center.
Gay/Straight Alliance’s (GSA’s) in local schools. Several GSA’s, such as the Harbor High School GSA, are leading efforts for safer schools.
Click Here for a full size printer-friendly version of the flier.
For more information visit http://qytf.org/
Friday, October 7th, 2011
Wednesday October 26th 2011 the Saturn Cafe Santa Cruz is holding a Community Night fundraiser for the Santa Cruz AIDS Project. Bring in this flier and 10% of the profits from your meal will go to support SCAP. Click Here for a full size printer-friendly version of the flier.
The Santa Cruz AIDS Project was founded in 1985 by a group of dedicated volunteers with the mission to lead a community response to the ever-changing HIV/AIDS pandemic, to enhance the quality of life through powerful support programs, to advocate effectively for the health and dignity of those living with HIV, and to reduce the spreads of HIV through results-oriented and measured education and prevention programs that are tailored to specific at-risk community groups and focused on the health of Santa Cruz County.
For more information visit scap.org
Tuesday, June 28th, 2011
Come serve traditional comfort food with a healthy twist in a unique and vibrant atmosphere!
The Saturn Cafe in Santa Cruz is looking for two full time Shift Leaders:
- Late Night Shift Leader (4 shifts Sunday – Wednesday 9:30pm – 4:30am)
- Shift leader in Training (A mixture of Server and Shift Lead Shifts)
As a Shift Leader you are responsible for ensuring a positive dining experience for our customers, and a positive work environment for our FOH staff. Our ideal candidate is highly motivated, honest and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
As a Shift Leader you will:
- Actively promote a friendly, fun dining atmosphere that is highly functional.
- Provide excellent customer service
- Provide clear direction & coaching for FOH staff to ensure they provide excellent customer service to our guests
- Have Extensive Knowledge of our menu and recipes
- Demonstrate integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Saturn Cafe.
- Attend to the specific needs of customers & co-workers.
- Work productively with our Lead Lines to ensure all food is perfect before it arrives to a table
- Open and/or close the restaurant according to Saturn Cafe standards
- Must have 1-2 years of recent restaurant experience.
- Must have the ability to communicate in English. Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Must have the ability to perform basic money-related mathematical calculations.
- Must have the ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
$8.50 – $10.00 an hour + Tips
Apply Online at http://www.saturncafe.com/jobs
Friday, June 24th, 2011
Treat yourself this weekend at Saturn Cafe’s infamous Brunch: Imagine a Morning (or afternoon) that starts with Huevos Ranchros made with organic free-range eggs, vegan Banana Walnut Pancakes, fresh squeezed Mimosas and local organic Coffee. Get your weekend day off to a great start!
Monday, June 20th, 2011
The Saturn Cafe is proud to announce three Community Night fundraisers this Wednesday, June 22nd. Come in anytime with a flier and Saturn will donate 10% of the profits from your meal to further missions of these important non-profits:
In Berkeley we are holding a benefit for Animal Place, an animal sanctuary providing permanent sanctuary, education, legislation and appropriate placement of needy animals.
In Santa Cruz we are holding benefits for the Homeless Garden Project and Gemma. The homeless Garden Project is a community garden providing job training and transitional employment to people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. Gemma is a non-profit program that supports women of Santa Cruz County to build a strong, stable, safe, and structured reentry back into the community after incarceration. They assist women to become empowered, productive, and independent members of the community.
Click on the links below to download a flier and to learn more.
Homeless Garden Project
Monday, June 20th, 2011
This Wednesday in Santa Cruz we are holding our Community Night fundraiser for Gemma. Bring in this flier and 10% of the profits will benefit the Gemma.
Gemma is a non-profit program that supports women of Santa Cruz County to build a strong, stable, safe, and structured reentry back into the community after incarceration. We assist women to become empowered, productive, and
independent members of the community.
Friday, June 17th, 2011
This Wednesday in Santa Cruz we are holding our Community Night fundraiser for The Homeless Garden Project. Bring in this flier and 10% of the profits will benefit the Homeless Garden Project.
The Homeless Garden Project provides job training and transitional employment to people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. The programs offer trainees an opportunity to rebuild and develop basic life skills and a sense of worth as human beings.
Friday, April 22nd, 2011
The Saturn Cafe is seeking experienced individuals with full availability to work as Shift Leaders at our Santa Cruz location. Leadership skills, ability to thrive in a fast paced and high energy environment as well as the ability to multi-task are all a must. Apply online at saturncafe.com/jobs